I am a big fan of celebration and ritual, so a few years ago I decided that I was going to start being purposeful with how I ended and started the year. While many of my friends love to go out and party, I am not that girl. No judgment for those who do but it just isn’t for me. What I decided to do instead was to create a New Years Eve celebration that really reflects who I am.
At the end of every year, I feel like I get a chance to refocus my energy. In order for me to do this I need to clear out the old so that I can release the past and I can fully receive all that the New Year has in store for me. I do major cleaning during the week leading up to New Years. I let go of things I no longer need, items I have out grown, and make space new energy to enter.
Here are some ways to clear and close the energy of this year:
- Clean out your closets. Get brutal with what you have. If you don’t love it or need it. It has to go!
- Clean out the literal dirt from your home. Dust, vacuum and wash the floors, clean those windows and get those cobwebs down. While you are doing this keep in your awareness that you are cleaning out the old so that you can bring in new. That means old negative feelings get cleaned out too. I often find myself crying, laughing, and dancing during this phase.
- Clean out your purse and wallet. Money is energy and needs to be treated with respect.
- I personally love to smudge my living space so I will smudge the whole house. While I am not a big fan of the smell it brings a sense of holiness with it.
- I usually light several candles, put some Piano Guys on Pandora and put some essential oils in my diffuser. My personal favorite for rituals of any kinds is White Angelica from Young Living. I am a distributer so if you need some message me and I can get you some.
- Write down all the painful things of the last year, get petty. When you are done burn that list up. Let it go! I like to sing burn baby burn when doing this along with a little dance. So make this release fun!!!
- Now write down a list of your biggest lessons from 2015. Take a moment to realize that the person leaving 2015 is not the same person who is entering 2016. You are wiser, braver, stronger!!!
- What do you want to create in 2016? Write it down, make it specific, very specific. FEEL IT, SEE IT, SMELL IT, TASTE IT! Then seal it in an envelope to open at the end of 2016.
- Finally, pick a word to represent what you want 2016 to look like. My word for 2015 was Brave and man did my year live up to that word. I will be letting you know what my word for 2016 will be next week.
Are you ready to say Good-Bye to 2015 and Hello to 2016? Are you feeling a little overwhelmed and not sure where to start? If you are ready to make 2016 great schedule your free 30-Minute Session below!