In the last two blogs, I talked about having One Magical Word for 2017. I talked about how it helps you create and manifest what you truly want in your life. I learned another tool from the brilliant Susan Hyatt, called Board Of Directors. I had never heard about the concept of having a Board of Directors but the more I thought about it the more it made complete sense. I pick a word, a phrase, and a song to help me create and manifest my year, why wouldn’t I create a Board Of Directors?
My One Magical Word:
For me, this word covers everything from my activism to my health. So, as I go throughout my year, I will be remembering this when times get tough. With a Board Of Directors, they will guide me even further. When my One Magical Word leaves me still in doubt, I can look to them.
I asked myself these questions:
Who will I place on my team to help me this year?
When I am faced with a decision; who would I want advising me?
How would they handle the choice I am about to make?
Who inspires me?
Meet my Board Of Directors:
“One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals. And so when I hear about negative and false attacks, I really don’t invest any energy in them, because I know who I am.”
- Everyone in my circle may not understand my stance on an issue or decision but I need to remember to stay true to what I know in my heart is best for my life and my health. I don’t need to invest any time or energy into people who don’t have a seat at my table. I know who I am!
“Make A Scene”
- I have learned a lot about who I am, just from listening to everything free she does. I have had a tendency to sit down, play small, and apologize for everything including at time breathing. Susan taught me that this is no way to live. She gave me the permission I needed to Make A Scene. Now, I give myself a high-five when I stand up and Make A Scene.
“How many fucks do I give? None, Not One, Zero, Zero, Zero, Done”
- Here is the deal, internally I am much more like Erika Jayne then I would normally like to admit. After 42 years, of caring ALOT about what other people thought of me, so much so that I trashed my health, I am done with that. Have an opinion? Great but ultimately I am gonna make a decision and if you don’t like it you now know how many fucks I give. I actually bought a shirt that says,”Zero Fucks Given”. I am not playing anymore.
“The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.”
- This has been my life for the last 10 years. Now, when I learn the truth I give myself permission to get pissed off but I know it will set me free. As the year progresses and I get more and more involved in causes that are important to me I will remember this when I am getting angry that this new information will lead to my Freedom. On a side note if you haven’t you Must watch Equal Means Equal, you can rent it on Amazon.
“Our challenge is to not look away, but rather to transform the field; to create a new political conversation, our own conversation, out of which we can speak our truth in our own way.”
- I am a woman with Deep spiritual roots. I recently learned and will share with you in later blogs about Spiritual Bypassing. I realize that I have been doing this for most of my life and this is the year that this stops. In order to hold myself accountable I am attending her Sister Giant in person, to learn from leaders who have done this work for much longer than I have.
I even made a nice picture collage of them for my desktop.
Your Board Of Directors can be real people, people you know, people you don’t, they could be living or dead. It doesn’t matter,
YOU are the ChairWoman!
You are in charge!
Now that I have introduced you to my Board Of Directors, I would love to be introduced to yours. Send me a tweet, a message here or on Facebook.
If you would like to get the Behind The Scenes of My Blog, Special Offerings, and My Musings sign up here: